Eager to apply dynamic communication, consulting, and relationship management talents towards launching a successful career in Pharmaceutical Sales with a firm that is willing to invest in a driven, people-oriented team player committed to supporting company objectives.
NEW YORK CITY DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION District #18 2001-Present
Guidance Counselor, P.S. 114 – Brooklyn, NY (2002-Present)
· Demonstrated dynamic consulting and communication skills in providing quality individual and group counseling on diverse issues including anger management, bereavement, foster care, child abuse, and sexual harassment.
· Actively participated in numerous critical committees including Pupil Personnel Team, Crisis Intervention Team, School Leadership Team, and Social Committee Board.
· Proactively conferred with parents and teachers to define and implement targeted strategies to optimize student performance.
· Successfully mediated student conflict resolution sessions in a diplomatic, solutions-focused manner.
Part-Time Guidance Counselor, P.S. 219 and I.S. 211 – Brooklyn, NY (2001-2002)
· Provided counseling services for Attendance Intervention Drop-Out Prevention Program and mandated special education student program.
· Designed and implemented innovative student-focused activities to encourage group discussion.
· Collaborated with teaching team in monitoring student behavior in classrooms and partnered with parents in assessing student programs.
· Diplomatically managed child abuse and sexual harassment crisis situations.
OCEANSIDE SCHOOL DISTRICT 2000-2001
Guidance Counselor, Bridge Summer Program – Oceanside, NY (2001)
· In charge of leading incoming freshman group sessions and counseled individual students in addressing academic and social issues.
· Planned and coordinated educational programs to provide participants with tools for achieving academic success.
Leave Replacement Counselor, Oceanside High School – Oceanside, NY (2001)
· Facilitated GED, ESL and Nassau BOCES vocational programs.
· Consulted with students in academic performance.
Guidance Counselor Intern, Oceanside High School – Oceanside, NY (2000-2001)
Master of Education, Counselor Education – Queens College, City University of New York
Bachelor of Arts, Psychology, Magna Cum Laude – Binghamton University/SUNY